MW Football 2022 Weekly Edition – November 21st
AROUND HARRY WEST
- Starting with the 2019 season, the Mountain West has won 19 games against non-5 opponents, including 16 against the Pac-12. That’s the most wins in that span among any non-Conference-5.
- The Mountain West produced the first non-automatic FBS qualifying team in a BCS Bowl game (Utah – 2005 Fiesta Bowl) and the College Football Playoff (Boise State – 2014 Fiesta Bowl).
- After Wyoming’s double-overtime win over Tulsa on Sept. 3 and Air Force’s win against Navy on Oct. 1, the Mountain West now has a 17-11 record against American Athletic Conference opponents.
- Nevada senior safety Bentley Sanders is a semifinalist for the 2022 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award, the only DB from outside the Autonomous-5 to earn a spot on the list.
- Nevada senior running back Toa Taua has rushed for 3,850 yards in his career, fourth most among active FBS players. On November 19, Taua became the fifth all-time hitter in MW history.
- Nevada senior kicker Brandon Talton set the Mountain West record for most field goals in a game on Nov. 12 against Boise State with his 65th in the second quarter.
- San Jose State senior linebacker Kyle Harmon has 426 career tackles, which is fourth all-time in MW history. UNLV’s Adam Seward (2001-04) is third on the all-time list with 433 career tackles.
- Fresno State senior quarterback Jake Hanner has thrown at least one touchdown pass in 26 consecutive games dating back to Oct. 24, 2019. That tied the league record with Carson Strong (Nevada) and Derek Carr (Fresno State).
- The MW has won the Bowl Challenge Cup five times in the past 18 seasons and owns the third-best bowl game winning percentage among the 10 FBS conferences (.583), trailing only the SEC (.621) and the Sun Belt (.593).
MW 2022 FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Boise State will host Fresno State in the 2022 MW Football Championship Game on Saturday, December 3rd at Albertson Stadium in Boise, Idaho. Kickoff is scheduled for 2:00 PM MT and the game will be televised on FOX for the third year in a row.
The Broncos and Bulldogs have met three times in the MW Football Championship game, with Boise State holding a 2-1 advantage.
RIGHT TO THE BOWL
Air Force One (8-3), Boise State (8-3), Fresno State (7-4), San Diego State (7-4), San Jose State (6-4), Utah State (6-5) and Wyoming (7-4) all earned bowl eligibility.
- Air Force is eligible for the tournament for the 13th time in 16 seasons.
- The Broncos are in contention for the 25th consecutive season, which is the third-longest active streak in the country behind only Ohio State and Georgia State.
- Fresno State is eligible for the tournament for the second consecutive season.
- San Diego State is eligible for the 13th straight season.
- SJSU head coach Brent Brennan is the first Spartan head coach to attend two bowl games since Claude Gilbert in 1986 and 1987.
- Utah State is bowl eligible for the second straight season under Blake Anderson.
- The Cowboys are making their sixth postseason appearance in seven seasons.
|Friday, November 25||Utah State and Boise State*||10:00 MT||CBS|
|Friday, November 25||New Mexico at Colorado State*||13:30 MT||CBS Sports Network|
|Friday, November 25||Wyoming at Fresno State*||7pm Pacific Time||FS1|
|Saturday, November 26||Hawaii at San Jose State*||12:30 PM Pacific Time||Spectrum/Team1Sports App|
|Saturday, November 26||Nevada at UNLV*||3:00 PM Pacific Time||MWN|
|Saturday, November 26||San Diego State Air Force*||6pm Pacific Time||CBS Sports Network|
#Football #Weekly #Edition #November #21st